Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tom Baker "would consider" return to Doctor Who

Tom Baker has said that he "would consider" a return to Doctor Who, although his appearance would depend on the quality of the script.

Speaking at Collectormania convention in Milton Keynes last weekend, Baker said:

Well, if they ask me nicely or I could see what they wanted me to do I would consider it because I think the fans have been so good to me, they expect me at least to make an appearance so of course I would consider that. If it was something witty but I would want to know what the detail of the scene was or what I was supposed to do. I just don’t want to be paraded through as some shagged out old icon of the last century. It’s too much of a source of happiness. I was never really happy until I became Doctor Who. At the same time although, it’s the loveliest job I ever had, it essentially killed my career stone dead because I suddenly realised I liked being Doctor Who more than anything that had ever happened to me.

Fellow Doctors Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann were also in attendance and discussed the possibility of starring in next year's 50th anniversary:

CB: No
SM: Yes.
CB: No
SM: Oh, all the fans will hate you.
CB: I think hate is a powerful emotion. Get some hate going and when you’re somebody nice, a little bit nice, they like you again.
TB: I think it would depend. I said I’m not automatically in, if the BBC ring me up, naturally of course I get very suspicious. Even if you say ‘BBC’, I think ‘allo, ‘allo dodgy. But if they ring me up and ask me if I want to take part, I would want to know what they would want me to do.
CB: Exactly

The full transcript from the Q&A can be read on the Independent website.

(Source Independent)

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP