Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bill Nighy offered lead Doctor Who role

Bill Nighy was once offered the lead role in Doctor Who, but turned the part down due the the "baggage" that the role entailed.

In an interview with The People, Nighy said: “I was offered the role once, I won’t tell you when because the rule is that you’re not allowed to say you turned that job down because it’s disrespectful to whoever did it. I will say that I was approached.  But I didn’t want to be the Doctor. No disrespect to Doctor Who or anything. I just think that it comes with too much baggage.”

The acclaimed actor was reportedly considered for the job when Doctor Who was revived in 2005 and Christopher Eccleston ultimately won the role.

Nighy made a cameo appearance in the 2012 Doctor Who episode Vincent and the Doctor as gallery curator Dr. Black alongside Matt Smith.

(Source: ATV Today)

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP