Monday, May 2, 2011

Hugh Bonneville talks Doctor Who

Hugh Bonneville, who is guest starring in this week's Doctor Who episode as pirate Captain John Avery, has spoken to the Belfast Telegraph about the programme.

On watching Doctor Who, Bonneville said: "Slightly sore topic. My nine-year-old got so freaked out about Bill Paterson's demise in the Daleks episode last year, he had some sleepless nights... so we've had a slight embargo on Doctor Who at our house, which was annoying for me because I'd got them all recorded and then I had to wipe them all!

"So I'm going to get the box set, and we'll watch them together leading up to this episode."

"It's funny, because he's [his son] used to me working but he's new to the whole Doctor Who thing, so to him it's just another job. Had I said I was going to be in Spongebob Squarepants, then he'd have been really thrilled."


"I was a Jon Pertwee boy. That music haunted my childhood, and always reminds me of being at my gran's on a Saturday afternoon, just after the football scores."

Doctor Who: The Curse of the Black Spot will be broadcast on Saturday at 6.15pm on BBC One.

(Source: BelfastTelegraph.com)

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP