Friday, November 9, 2012

Neil Gaiman 'to make Cybermen scary again'

Steven Moffat instructed Neil Gaiman to make the Cybermen "scary again" when providing a brief for the acclaimed writer's 2013 Doctor Who script.

The iconic monsters, last seen in 2011's Closing Time, will be making a triumphant return with a darker side in an episode for the second half of series seven.

Gaiman discussed the story with French website Reviewer.fr“Steven wrote to me and said, ‘Will you make the Cybermen scary again?’. And I thought back to when I was 6 or 7 years old – ‘The Moonbase’, ‘Tomb of the Cybermen’… I saw these when they were first broadcast.”

”Daleks went around going, ‘Exterminate’, and blowing things up,” he said. “Cybermen were just… You look up and there’s a Cyberman.”

“I thought, ‘Let me see what I can do when I take the 1960s Cybermen and [incorporate] everything that’s happened since’. So that’s what I’m trying to do. I don’t know if it will work.”

The story is currently in production in Cardiff with Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman and guest cast Warwick Davis, Tamzin Outhwaite and Jason Watkins.

(Source: Anglophenia)

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP