Friday, February 17, 2012

Karen Gillan reveals reasons for leaving Doctor Who

In an interview with IGN, Karen Gillan has discussed the reasoning behind her decision to leave the role of Amy Pond during the next series of Doctor Who.

"Actually, I called [executive producer/showrunner] Steven Moffat and arranged the dinner and then basically told him roughly when I wanted to go. He told me where the story was at and where it was going and then we kind of together came up with it. So it was really pleasant, actually. We had a lovely dinner and just kind of discussed what we both want and what's going to happen and then came to the decision. That was ages ago, so I've known for ages!"

"I wanted to go on a high. Also, Steven Moffat comes up with endless, amazing ideas anyway, but I wanted to make sure that I went on a high when the character was at her prime. There's just something quite nice and appealing about that to me. I don't know… It just felt right! I like to go on instinct."

Read the full interview on IGN where Gillan gives her views on Amy Pond's exit storyline.

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP