Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Matt Smith talks to the Radio Times

As the end of the current series of Doctor Who approaches, TV listings magazine Radio Times have published a interview with the Doctor himself, Matt Smith.

"People ask me, 'Who do you think your Doctor is?'" says Smith, in an interview with E Jane Dickson, "and I'm reluctant to think of it in those terms, because it's still a work in progress.

"Steven Moffat - who's just the most brilliant writer - told me when I first met him that the interesting thing, the defining thing, about the Doctor is that he never quite knows what's going to come out of his mouth in any given situation. His thoughts just combust spontaneously. I've tried to harness that brain-to-mouth rapidity.

"I mean, you could think about it for ever, but how do you play the most charismatic man in the universe? It's a real challenge. If you play him consciously charismatic, he instantly loses the charisma. Of course, really charismatic people don't have to do a thing. They just are. I'm still finding my way on that one, but I like to think it gives me something creative to play with."

Whatever the secret, Smith's turn as the Doctor has made him a famous face overnight. How has he coped?

"Being recognised in the streets is a new experience for me, but it's certainly not a bad experience," he says. "I'm guessing the trick with being in the eye of the media is to ignore the bad publicity - and perhaps even the things that are good - because, artistically, each is as dangerous as the othe

Click HERE to read the full interview.

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP