Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mark Gatiss and Churchill talk Daleks!

Mark Gatiss, the writer of tonight's Doctor Who episode, Victory of the Daleks, has given an interview to Digital Spy.

Extract from the interview:
What can you tell us about Victory of the Daleks?
"What can I tell you that isn't already all over the internet? Well, in a scene we've lost [in the final cut], he sort of explains that he's known Churchill throughout Churchill's life - when he was a young man fighting in the Sudan, and he went to his memorial service - so it's that idea of rather than one single meeting with a famous figure they actually have a kind of relationship. It goes right back to Jon Pertwee saying, 'I said to Napoleon: Boney, I said...' I like the idea that it isn't just a one-off thing, you have an ongoing friendship with people like Churchill."

Click here to read the full interview.
Ian McNeice, who plays Winston Churchill in Victory of the Daleks has also given a Q&A to the website.

How did your role come about?
"I think maybe the casting director had seen a play I did at The National called Never So Good, which was about Harold Macmillan, played by Jeremy Irons. I played Winston Churchill. So I think they got a glimmer from that I may possibly have had an edge on the role."

Click here to read the full interview.

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP