Friday, March 5, 2010

Matt Smith & Karen Gillan Fashion Magazine Interviews & Photoshoots

The stunning Karen Gillan, who will play 'Amy Pond' in the next series of Doctor Who has given an exclusive interview and photoshoot to InStyle Magazine.

Extract from the interview:
'It's a pretty terrifying role, but a huge privilege to be part of an iconic show. I'm following a long line of great actresses who have played the companion, so it's quite daunting. I'd love to sit down with them and have a good chat about it.'

She also revealed that her mother didn't even know she'd got the part: 'My boyfriend knew, but I didn't tell anyone else, including my mum - she's a huge Doctor Who fan and I didn't want to lumber her with the secret. I only told her an hour before the public found out.'

(Source: Daily Mail)

Meanwhlie, Matt Smith has also given an exclusive photoshoot and interview to the American Men's fashion magazine, Esquire.

Extract from the interview:
"At university I had a big coloured scarf and people would often say, 'All right, Doctor Who?' And I thought, I rather liked that notion."

"It's a bit like playing Hamlet. It has to be your version," the 27-year-old said.

"The Doctor is so committed, whoever plays him. So I tried to be creative and artistic and silly and crazy, and also the cleverest man in the world, and part of that is there's a rapidity to the way he speaks.

"He's an intergalactic genius, a superhero-ish, mad, fumbling, bumbling science geek. He's everything you can pluck from any universe and put into him."

The April issue of Esquire is on sale now.

(Source: Telegraph)
.

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP