Monday, January 18, 2010

Colin Baker Interview on Hustle and Doctor Who!


Digital Spy have an interview with the Colin Baker, who played the Sixth Doctor in the period 1984-1986. Baker is guest starring in tonight's episode of Hustle at 9.00pm on BBC One and briefly talks about Doctor Who in the interview.

Extract from the interview;
 Moving on to Doctor Who, do you think it was the right time for David Tennant to leave?
"That's entirely up to him. I think in his case, possibly, because he's shown every side of being highly employable in its aftermath. He's a very fine actor and from what I've seen of his Doctor, he's been superb. I think whenever he went, it would have been fine because he's good enough."


What do you think of the new regime? I've read a few interviews recently where you've been very complimentary of Steven Moffat.
"I hadn't realised, until I checked, that the stories I liked best are the ones he's written. 'The Doctor Dances' and 'Blink' were both written by him. So if the series continues in that vein it can only get better. The level of scriptwriting over the last couple of years has been superb. And he understands, in the same way that Roald Dahl did, just how far you can go in frightening children. They wanted to be scared! All those fairy stories about wolves eating little girls, you wouldn't get writers doing that these days, but that's the level of imagination young children have and they need to use those stories to get their imaginations going."


There are always rumours of a new multi-Doctor story. Have you ever heard anything about that?
"We oldies together? No, not a word. Haven't had a single approach from anyone connected to Doctor Who about doing anything. Not even going along to watch an episode of it, never mind being in one. So I think the likelihood is very small."


Would you be keen to do it?
"I take every job on its merits. I'm not not keen, nor am I sitting here waiting for the call. It's so unlikely to happen that I don't spend much time thinking about it. I don't look the same. I started playing the part 25 years ago! Peter [Davison] does still look pretty much like he did then, but not me. I suspect I could play a part in the new series without you even knowing it was me!"
.

0 comments:

The Doctor...

"All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

People Online Now

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP